Tuesday, November 27, 2007

War & Occupation Protest

I went to the war & occupation protest at the Vancouver Art Gallery on Saturday. I took some video of the speakers and some photographs, and thought I'd share their message.

I went there thinking it was going to be a Ron Paul meet up, wanting to get some bumper stickers or a t-shirt, and found these guys instead.

I was very sad to see the number of people completely ignoring the protesters, but I was really inspired by the words some of the speakers, especially the ex us militant.



I do have to make one comment about one of the photographs I took of one of the signs. It said "Zionism = racism". This is a bit of a touchy subject for me. There is a lot of history there, and I do believe the Jewish people need to have a homeland of some sort. Theres a lot of black, white and gray with this topic - but something I wanted to point out.

But check out the website of the protest organizers, theres definitely a lot of love and care there. Also have a look at the story of Alison Bodine, its sure to give you an angle on where our government is heading.

Peace and love
Jordan

No comments: