Tuesday, January 30, 2007

art art art

Its Tuesday…

Back to work…

Had a nice relaxing weekend though. Spent some time with my new dogs, yes NEW dogs. My family has once again grown even larger with the addition of two new minpins.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We've got 2 month old Katie. She's an absolute doll, but chews on EVERYTHING! She's a big fan of chewing up my hemp bracelets that I just recently learned to make. The little bitch has made it very hard for me to get much done, but I love her. She's just so playful and so curious. A little ball of fun filled energy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

And then there's Yoko. She's 6 months older than Katie, but they're both half sisters. This dog is WAY too smart for me, and I know she's going to be using that to her advantage. She's very difficult to keep up with, but I've never seen a dog that's more aware of her surroundings than this one. She can be so chill. She'll just sit on top of my couch, and stare out the window for hours, and she looks so deep in thought…I think we're gunna get along real well.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

We had an INCREDIBLE concert with Ben Sures last Sunday at the gallery. I wish more of you guys could've made it out, but lucky I'm going to be having him back March 31st! Be sure not to miss it! It was probably one of the best concerts I've had at the gallery so far.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

(Ben Sures live at Gallery O – Contemporary, being gazed upon by a very comfortable Jane Siberry)

There are also some really incredible exhibits lines up for this year, still working out some of the kinks, but I should have a full calendar up sometime next week. I'm really working my ass off, so I had better see more of you at some of these events!

Look how hard I'm working!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

I also noticed that I really need to paint the floor around my desk…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

…..the work never ends here….

I was visited by Victor Miles today. He has got to be one of my favorite human beings. A true gentleman, an amazing artist, and does he ever know his shit. After his 4 Minutes in a Garden exhibit last year I had a small walk n' talk at the gallery where he explained his thought process and paintings to the public. He blew everyone away. I wish I had recorded the whole thing, it was one of the most interesting, funny, smart, and in depth talks I have ever heard.

Here is a video I took today of Victor's large sculpture in the gallery….just brilliant









"4 Minutes in a Garden"

I also had a visit from Marco Tulio who brought in a new piece! I love when artists bring in new art works! It's like Christmas!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Detail

It's a bit different from his typical works, but I love it. And the nice thing about it is that it doesn't take him 3-4 months to do a piece like this, so I MIGHT just be able to do a full exhibit for him in a year or so.

He is also looking for a few models for some new works. So if you're comfortable enough, lemme know if you're interested! I've been in a few of Marco's masterpieces, a very cool experience.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Being around all of these amazingly talented people all the time is so inspiring. I guess this is where all my creative energy comes from. My life just feels so colorful.

Anyways I'll end this blog with a new piece by…me!

I don't usually show much of my artwork on here but I was pretty proud of this one.

I call it "Bird in Rona Parking Lot"

…deep eh?

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Time for a nap…

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Peace and blessings,

Jordan

No comments: