Wednesday, April 2, 2008

No Gas In Sight

I had quite the morning today.

Had to take Kyla to the ferry before work today.
Left the house at 4:30 am.
We didn't have time to eat, so I squeezed some lemon on a papaya to eat along the way.
My car was frozen.
It's Spring for fuck sakes.
So i stick the glass bowl with my papaya on top of my car while I scrape the windows.
The bowl slides off the roof and smashes.
Glass everywhere - lovely.
Lovely.
Kyla gave me some scoops of hers while I drove.
So we make our way to the ferry.
I'm running late.
And running low on gas.
I figure there will be a gas station along the way.
I take a new way to the ferry.
Much faster than usual.
No gas stations.
Not one.
So we pull into the lovely little city of Tsawwassen.
Theres four gas stations.
Not ONE of them open.
Nor could I pay at any pump.
Although they gladly took our debit card information.
Theres no other gas stations for MILES.
Do people not need gas at 5:30am?
There were plenty of cars!
I was tempted to cross the boarder up the street to see if there were any pumps open in the land of oil addicts.
Instead we sat in car and waited till a station opened.
Kyla bought me a chocolate chip muffin and I took her to her ferry.
Already I'm 30 minutes late for work.
The sunrise was amazing at this time though.
Especially driving inland from the Ferry Terminal.
There was a large sliver of the moon showing.
And I saw a new color of blue in the sky.
I happily hate my chocolate chip muffin.
Giant chunks of chocolate.
Delicious.
I get to work, and hop out of my car.
Only to notice a giant spot of melted chocolate of my seat.
I walk into work - dead tired - 1 hour late - with I giant brown chocolate stain on my ass.
I quickly ran to the washroom after punching in and washed it off.
To top it off, I wore extremely itchy socks.

A big thanks to Kyla and the sun for helping keep my sanity.


Peace and love
Jordan

No comments: