Sunday, February 24, 2008

Seattle Shopping

Why is it that every year I look so forward to seeing the Oscars, and every year I end up forgetting about them the same day they're on. Yep, once again, I missed the Oscars.

Anyways it's been a pretty interesting past few weeks for me.

I finally decided what I'm going to study. I'm going for my bachelor of arts degree in child counseling and youth care. I'm really glad I waited so long to make this decision. I feel really good about it. Just the feel I got going to the information sessions was beautiful. So different from classes I've taken in the past. No numbers, no egos, no people who only care for themselves - like I found in all those business and marketing classes.

I'm just hoping I can get 100 hours of volunteer work done by the end of April.

Kyla and I took a well needed shopping trip to Seattle at the beginning of the month. It was wonderful. Our first road trip together, and it was smooth sailing the whole way. You would think spending so much time with someone in a small aluminum box would bring around some sort of dispute, but if anything it brought us even closer.

We packed her mp3 player with all our favorites, and shopped til we couldn't shop any longer. Its been a while since I've done any hardcore shopping like that.

We went so hardcore in fact, that when we saw this Abercrombie store, Kyla and I failed to see that it was actually a kids store ( apparently Abercrombie & Fitch is the adult store). So as Kyla was in the dressing room wonder why everything in the store was made for anorexics and midgets one of the staff came along and whispered to me that it was meant for children. I had a good laugh to say the least.

I like Seattle. I think of all the big American cities I've been too, it has to be one of my favorites. It doesn't have that "big dumb American" feel to it, if you know what I mean. It's a bit more cultured, and liberal minded. It's almost like one giant Commercial street.

It's funny how when you cross that invisible dividing line, you feel the change right away. Actually when we crossed back into Canada, we went from no snow, to immediately covered with snow. It was so bizarre!

All in all it was a really great trip. I hope this was just the first of many that we do together. I also got to meet Kyla's step dad while we were down there. Super nice guy! I'm really glad I finally got to meet him after all the good things I had head.

When we got back home, it was back to work for me unfortunately. But when I came home there was a lovely early Valentines day surprise waiting for me.

Photobucket

Kyla stuck these post-its on my bathroom mirror, each with reading a reason on why she loves me. Blew me away honestly. I wasn't expecting it at all. It was really beautiful. Three weeks later, I still haven't taken them off.

Its so nice to feel appreciated like that. It fills my heart.

Anyways I'm going to save our actual Valentines weekend for my next blog because its late, and that'll be another long one I'm sure :)

Glad I was able to catch up a bit though.

Peace and love

Jordan

No comments: